Thursday, August 16, 2012

Wishlist | Skincare

<

I've noticed recently that my interest in skincare has gone from basically non existant to almost, well obsessive this year. Maybe it's because I've been to the dermatologist a few times and been forced to finally address all my skin insecurities, or maybe it's because I turned 20 and accepted that I'm not a child anymore and my skin is, unfortunately, changing! Wahhh. Either way, here are some skincare items I am currently lusting over.

FYI: I used to have oily acne prone skin, but am currently on Accutane which has changed my skin to sensitive and normal-dry. Some of these products I wouldn't start using until after I finish my treatment.


1. Bioderma Crealine H20 Cleansing Solution
It seems like everyone in the beauty community owns and adores this cleansing lotion. It's quite pricey to get your hands on, but luckily a good friend of mine is currently in Europe a picked up a bottle for me in France! Hoping they both arrive safely haha.

2. Benefit 6 Piece Skincare Set $16.27 AUD
I tried a sample of a Benefit cream last year and have since been quite curious to try some of their other products, in particular the Total moisture Facial Cream and It’s Potent Eye Cream. I found a 6 piece sample set on ASOS but unfortunately it only ships to parts of Europe. I'm hoping some of my relatives overseas will be able to get it for me and send it over, as I really don't want to have to place a large order on the Benefit website just to get free shipping.

3. Aēsop Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Facial Toner $39 AUD
I've heard ViviannaDoesMakeup on youtube talk highly of Aesop products, in particular this facial toner.

4. Avene Gentle Toner $30.95 AUD
I've tried a few Avene products this year and love how gentle they are on my sensitive skin. I'm not sure whether I want to try this toner or the one by Aēsop first.

5. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum $150 AUD
Like Bioderma, I feel like this is a product everyone loves. I've never actually tried a serum before, and I'm not sure if I could justify spending $150. Surely it can't be that good!? Am debating between this and the Aesop serum mentioned next.

6. Aēsop Oil Free Facial Hydrating Serum $65 AUD
Still quite expensive, but I've heard great things about this serum and it's better value for money at 100mL while the Estee Lauder only contains 50mL.

7. Aēsop Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Eye Cream $81 AUD
Yes you read that right, $81. The best part, it's only 10mL! Can't even. That being said Reese at ReeseATOMIC raves over this eye serum and I'm actually really tempted by it. The eye area is so delicate and shows aging easily, so I can see how it's sort of justifiable to spend big money on eye creams and serums. I think I might ask for this for Christmas, but for now I'm happy with my $24 Avene eye cream.

8. Caudalie Divine Oil $38.25 AUD
The only body oils I have ever tried are Bio Oil (broke me out) and one by Palmers which was ok, but I'm not a fan of the Palmers cocoa smell. I've heard Kate at Gh0stParties rave over this Caudalie Divine Oil which can be used on skin, hair and nails.

9. Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil $49.30 AUD
I always thought that a facial oil sounds like a greasy disaster waiting to happen, but this particular one is designed for oily or combination skin and I'm curious to see how it would work out.

What are your holy grail skincare products?

xx

14 comments:

  1. What a great wishlist! I love face oils and I'd love to try the Clarins or the Caudalie oil in the near future!

    A couple of my HG skinproducts are Cod Liver Oil (I take it as a supplement) and Kibio Ki Creme!

    xo Courtney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've heard good things about Cod Liver Oil! x

      Delete
  2. I have been reading rave reviews about Mario Badescu products... Definitely going to try some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never actually heard of that brand, I'm curious now though haha! x

      Delete
  3. Here is a version of the benefit skin care starter set. It's a bit more expensive but it is an Australian site.

    http://www.adorebeauty.com.au/benefit-cosmetics/benefit-b-right-skincare-starter-set.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually ended up doing a big Benefit order last night from the official website and bought it there haha, but thanks for this link! I'll make sure to share it :) x

      Delete
  4. I have completely changed my skincare routine recently. I currently use Bioderma when I want to take my makeup off in a hurry and it works very well for everything except waterproof mascara. I have ordered the Clarins Lotus Oil but it hasn't arrived yet. I would like to try the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair and the Caudalie Divine Oil. I think we must follow many similar UK based beauty bloggers as we have similar wish lists!

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com
    Check out my Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh please make a blog post on the Clarins Lotus Oil when it arrives and you have a chance to try it out, would love to hear your thoughs :)
      x

      Delete
  5. I'm totally obsessed with skincare lately too! Love your wishlist, I have the Bioderma and I love it. I pick mine up from Ebay, you can get a big bottle for cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I like it will definitely be repurchasing on ebay :) x

      Delete
  6. I get my Bioderma from Sasa.com and it is so much cheaper (about $30 for 500ml I think) and it really is amazing. Very gentle for sensitive eyes and no rubbing required. Sasa also have a huge range of sheet masks (which I adore) and if you spend a certain amount the shipping is free. My packages always arrive in about a week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Bioderma and the Avene toner. Haven't tried any of the other products but they all sound amazing!

    Great blog btw, I'm now following : )

    http://staring-at-paperfaces.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bioderma is really good :) It's really expensive here so I do second that recommendation to get it from sasa.com

    ReplyDelete