Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Shopping My Stash | Part 1



Despite owning a large makeup collection, I have a habit of getting into a routine of always reaching for the same products. I've seen quite a few 'shopping my stash' posts and videos lately so I thought I would give it a go myself! This month I will be trying to get use of some unintentionally forgotten makeup. For Part 1 I have tried to include mainly violet and pink colours so they are easy to use together, and also because they are perfect for Spring!


Clinique Powder Blush 'Iced Lotus'
I got this gorgeous violet toned blush in a Clinique set over a year ago and I remember it used to be my go-to blush. Using it nearly everyday this week has reminded me why I loved it in the first place.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss 'Lilac Pastelle'
I received this lovely lipgloss in a makeup swap from a good Youtube friend in America. I haven't used it much lately and thought it will compliment the Clinique blush perfectly.

MAC Lipglass 'Florabundance'
I have a love/hate relationship with this product. The colour itself is beautiful - a perfect peachy nude. Unfortunately, I can't stand the formula! MAC lipglasses are incredibly sticky and I find the nudes can be difficult to apply without looking streaky. Hoping I can try to work around that this month!

Makeup Forever Diamond Shadow 'n 309'
I bought this eyeshadow in Sephora (overseas) over a year ago and I don't think I have ever actually used it... maybe once or twice? It's a glittery medium toned purple (the picture makes it look darker) and I'm hoping I can try to incorporate it into some makeup looks this month.

Physicians Formula Gel Eyeliner 'brown'
I love the Physicians Formula gel eyeliners - they come in a pack of three shades and are amazing quality. I've actually almost used this one up, but I've noticed that this year I have been mainly reaching for my black liquid liner as it's much quicker to apply in the morning. I thought this month I'd try to show some love for my gel liners too.

Are you shopping your stash this month?


xx

4 comments:

  1. I have been using liquid liners for most of this year too and have abandoned my gel eye liners. I should try and make more use of them!

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always go for the same products. i need to change it up for the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to do this too! I love these posts also.

    ReplyDelete