Thursday, July 5, 2012

My MAC Palette | Collection




Parfait Amour frost
Parfait Amour, 'Perfect Love' in French, is a beautiful cool toned violet shade. Unfortunately it does lack pigmentation and staying power, so I would recommend priming the eyes and using a dense brush for application (e.g MAC 217). (Tutorial here)

Sketch velvet
Possibly my favourite eyeshadow of all time - a gorgeous burgundy shade with extremely slight red shimmer. No joke, everytime I wear this shadow I get compliments on my eye makeup! If you have green or blue eyes you need this eyeshadow - it really does bring out the colour. I like to wear it in the crease with Naked Lunch all over the lid, or alone as an eyeliner on the top lash line. (Tutorial here and here)

Satin Taupe frost...?
One of the more well known MAC eyeshadows, Satin Taupe is the perfect shimmery cool toned Taupe. It's a lovely colour for the crease, but I often need to pair it with a warmer toned shadow all over the lid or I find my eyes looking too... greyish?

Naked Lunch frost
Firstly, love the name. Naked Lunch is a frosty light pink and a lovely all over the lid or highlight colour. I remember I had such high expectations for this eyeshadow and was slighlty disappointed when I first tried it, but since then I have found ways to make it work without looking too frosty or sickly on my complextion.

Sumptous Olive veluxe pearl
Similarly to Naked Lunch, I was initially disappointed with this eyeshadow. In the pan it looks like a gorgeous khaki olive, but on my skin tone it appears to have more golden undertones, not exactly very flattering on me. Again, I have found ways to make it work, but it's definitely a shadow that I'm always so close to selling.

Omega matte
The most boring eyeshadow in my palette, yet the only one I reach for everyday. This muted beige is the perfect shade for filling in my eyebrows.

Fun Fact?
I used to own All That Glitters, possibly one of the most hyped MAC eyeshadows. Everybody seems to love it... but me. I owned it but after a year of it just collecting dust in my drawer, I realised I need to break my 'I don't wear it, but it's a classic, so I need it' habit and sold it. For some reason the gorgeous peachy champagne shade that looks amazing in the pan and on everyone else, looks bland on my eyes and makes me look like I'm sick or have an eye infection. Sigh.

xx

13 comments:

  1. Cool post...I don't own any MAC eyeshadows because I can't justify paying so much here in Australia, not that I don't drool over them whenever I see them though! :) It's nice to know that just because they are expensive doesn't necessarily mean they are the best.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I definitely agree! Apart from Sketch, I bought all the other shadows when I was overseas at a cheaper price. MAC has an amazing selection, but that doesn't mean evrything is amazing quality haha x

      Delete
  2. Nice collection :) Too bad that you have problems with a few of them :( I have Satin Taupe too and I thinks its a bit overhyped or maybe it just doesn't look that good on my eyes haha Sketch looks amazing I need to invest in that. I have Twinks which is a dark brown with slight reddish tinge, doesn't look as red as sketch but very pretty and one of my faves in my collection along with Patina.

    Hannah xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard so many good things about Twinks and Patina, definitely on my wishlist! x

      Delete
  3. Sketch really does look beautiful on you. I wish I had green or blue eyes so that I could pull it off. I think I'll just have to settle for recommending it to my blue-eyed friends!

    On the topic of overhyped MAC shadows, I feel like most of the colours people fawn over are...well...a bit boring. Except maybe for Sable! The only MAC eyeshadow I have is Blackberry and I absolutely adore it. What suprises me though, is it never gets any hype. Like Sketch actually. Some fantastic shades just seem to float under the radar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think sketch would suit dark eyes too, maybe give it a go in store? Sable is on my wishlist! x

      Delete
  4. i absolutely love the indogo purple color!! is it just as nice after applying it onto ur eyes? great collection u have! I followed u, hope u can come check out my blog and follow it too if u like? :)

    xoxo <3
    http://miss-6.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is but you have to pack on quite a bit of product as it doesn't have the best pigmentation! x

      Delete
  5. hi caroline, i was just wondering if you were going to announce your youtube giveaway winner soon? thankyou :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love sketch! The ladies in Mac put it on me, but I wasn't willing to fork out that much cash. Have you tried the Mac nail polishes, I heard theyre really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried them actually, I heard they were hit or miss so I don't want to risk it haha! x

      Delete
  7. I've been considering investing in a mac palette this week! I'm a neutral lover so naked lunch and omega look ideal!

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete