Tuesday, June 12, 2012

NARS | Cactus Flower



NARS Cactus Flower Cream Blush - $45 AUD

Do you have a particular high end makeup product that you are lusting over, but can't seem to ever justify buying? Meet NARS Cactus Flower, my blush crush. I'm so happy this gorgeous poppy coloured blush is finally in my collection! I featured it in both my 2011 Wishlist and 2012 Wishlist, but the $45 AUD price has always put me off. Fortunately, some of my lovely friends gave me a Mecca Cosmetics giftcard for my birthday so as soon as I had the chance, I went instore and treated myself.

The bright poppy colour and golden shimmer look quite intimidating in the pan but don't worry, on the skin it applies evenly and gives a gorgeous 'just bitten' glow. I use my Manicare Stippling Brush which I find doesn't pick up much (if any) of the shimmer. I do think it looks lovely on my pale skin, but I really think the colour will pop when I'm fake tanned!

Although on the pricey side, I would highly recommend stopping by your nearest NARS counter and giving this blush a try!

xx

9 comments:

  1. Ooooh ahhhh! It looks so lovely on you. Yay for your friends giving you an excuse to splurge. $45 is insane for a blush. But as a present it's fine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. its such a lovely colour - check out my new look giveaway on my blog its a goodun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour in the pan has always scared me but it looks really lovely on you!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's definitely more wearable than it looks! Thanks :)

      Delete
  4. I hate how makeup in our country is so expensive! :( ahaha, the blush looks amazing btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very pretty coloured blush! But Oh-My I dont think I could part with $45 for it!! x

    ReplyDelete